Hint: when wearing Peplums this winter don't wear hard structured shapes under other garments for obvious reasons (It's going to make you looks very bulky), instead wear Peplum shaped Jackets/ Coast over slims layers but try in materials such as wool or leather to keep you warm.
When wearing Peplums on top keep the bottom half fitted by wearing slims fitting trousers, hip hugging skirts or structured shorts (Probably best with thick tights too), this with create an illusion of an hourglass figure.
When wearing Peplums on your bottom half always pair with a fitted top half especially if your a pear shape to avoid looking frumpy, also you tend to loose the sophisticated shape when you attempt this to.
When wearing Peplums as a dress it has the potential problem of looking frilly and like drapes you see on curtains. A Peplum dress must be fitted, structured ad streamline to your body, if the Peplum is to large or overambitious then it'd going to loose its sophistication and become comical.
Pretty simple rules right, well here's some more Do's and Dont's
- Style the colours according to the proportion of your body, for example: stick to wearing darker toned peplum's on the top to minimise broad shoulders and large busts and then team it with a lighter shade at the bottom. But on the other hand a dark colour on the bottom with a light peplumed top visually slims the bottom half. Also the same goes for patterned Peplums, they will draw attention to that part on the body so if used on top it will again visually slim the bottom half.
- When choosing Peplum dresses don't look for ones that visually cut your in two, look for ones with slight drapes or with tapering of fabrics around the waist to give a more streamline appearance
- Wear ankle straps, the peplum is already breaking the body's long line and wearing with ankle straps with cut it up even more making you look shorter, to elongate the body wear shoes heels that are the same colour as your legs, so if your wearing black tights wear with black high heals.
- Always dress to your body type, if you have a big bottom then don't wear a Peplum on the bottom half this is only going to make your bottom look bigger and wont be flattering in any way. As well if your arn't in the most toned shape on your bottom half don't worry just invest in body shapers to give you that smooth curve.
A Bit About the Suggestions Below - Dont Worry Your Can Skip itFirstly the Ebay Jacket is basically a cheaper version of the ASOS jacket, but the Ebay seller only offers two colours off-white and red and the red isnt the most desirable to me personally, whereas ASOS offers 7 colours and all the colours are very fashionable the coming Winter. The Second link the Topshop Skirt in absolutely in love with its just perfect, a very fashionable Oxblood colours with subtly texture details which give the skirt that something extra without being over the top, it give the sophisticated peplum style a grungy feel. The third link incorporates this seasons tartan trend, I'm not a real big fan of tartan but I think how they have styles it with a simple leather jacket actually goes really well and actually it seems quite achievable to pull if off. The high shine peplum skirt has has to be my favourite partly due to the bargain price tag, I think this is a total must if your a working woman who wants to add that edge to your work attire.Also the New look dress is a must for your too. Now the shiny and camouflage peplum blazers really speak for themselves there not the best looking quality or sophistication wise but if you want to incorporate the shiny or army trend combined with the peplum cheaply then that colour be the cheap price your looking for. The ASOS dress is a fun way to introduce florals into your winter wardrobe whilst also entering winters hottest colour cobalt! And finally the peplum blouse, this is just beautiful, such a casual day-to-day peace that just perfect for layering.
- ASOS Peplum Jacket £35
- Topshop Cross Textured Peplum Skirt £28
- ASOS Peplum Skirt in Tartan £25
- ASOS Peplum Dress In Floral Print - Sale £18
- Ebay Peplum Jacket £14.95 +£2.25pp
- Gold Shiny or Army Camoflage Peplum blazer £13.25
- High Shine Peplum Skirt £10
- New look Structures Peplum Dress £24.99
- Peplum Blouse £11.99